Dumbleyung: Thursday 9:00am to 1:00pm and
Sunday 8:00am to 12:00 noon.
Kukerin: Sunday 1:00pm to 5:00pm and
Wednesday 9:30am to 1:30pm.
Passes are required for free entry to the waste sites (unlimited free visits with a pass) or charges will apply without a pass.
Please contact the Shire on 9863 4012 if you have lost your pass, or your landlord if you are renting.
Bins are collected
Waste Bin weekly &
Recycle Bin fortnightly
Waste Site Charges (For those without a tip pass)
Per 240L bin - $5.00
Utility or Trailer - $15.00
Small Rigid Truck (by appointment only) - $125.00
Rigid Truck (by appointment only) - $260.00
Semi-Trailer (by appointment only) - $525.00
Each additional Truck Trailer (by appointment only) - $525.00
Waste Site Charges (Including those with a tip pass)
Out of hours waste site access (appointment only, in addition
to applicable disposal charge) - $55.00
The four areas for waste disposal:
** Mixed loads are to be separated and disposed into the correct waste sections, not doing so increases the running costs of the waste sites.**
Waste Oil: This is for waste oil and diesel only - EXCLUDING unleaded fuel and agricultural chemicals.
* Oil is to be poured into the tank.
* Empty containers are not to be left at the waste oil area, they
should be disposed of in the general waste area.
* If the tank is full, please do not leave containers. We are only able
to hold a limited amount of oil on site.
* Dumbleyung only, waste oil not allowed at the Kukerin Waste Site
The Dumbleyung Shire will not permit agricultural chemical containers to be deposited at all Dumbleyung Shire refuse sites. To be disposed of in accordance with Drum Muster requirements.
Green Waste: This area is for organics capable of being burned only. * Non-flammable organics must be placed in General Waste.
* Tree and grass clippings,
* Pallets (untreated).
Scrap Metal: This is for metal only.
* Anything that is not 100% metal should be placed in the general
* Fencing wire is not accepted anywhere at the waste sites.
* Whitegoods (washing machines, dryers, dishwashers etc),
* Steel or alloy wheels,
* Roller shutters,
* Pipes and fittings.
General Waste: Refers to un-recyclable waste
* Household waste,
* Building rubble,
* Ceramics & glass.
What we can’t accept:
• Aerosols – CFC based
• Aerosols, flammable – paint lacquers and pesticide
• Arsenic based products
• Batteries – nickel cadmium and other (excludes Lithium &
• Chemical containers or drums
• Engine coolants and glycols
• E-waste (computers, laptops, mobile phones etc)
• EPIRBs or PLBs
• Explosives, ammunition or fire arms
• Fire extinguishers
• Flammable liquids - hydrocarbons and fuels
• Flammable solids
• Fluorescent tubes, CFL and light fittings
• Fencing Wire
• Gas Cylinders
• General household chemicals eg cleaners
• Heavy metal compounds
• Inorganic oxidising agents – eg pool chlorine
• Low level radioactive substances eg smoke detectors
• Mercury – elemental
• Non-domestic sources (eg agricultural, commercial, veterinary or industrial waste)
• Organic peroxides
• PCB materials
• Printer cartridges (These can be recycled at the Shire
• Solvents – halogenated
WASTE SITE MAPS